New Beauty Advisor Job!

Hi!  Has it been a minute?  No it's been a week, Seanna.  Geesh it just shows how one week at my new gig already has me feeling like I've completely neglected my Youtube channel and blog.  WOW! That was my best segue yet.  So, I got a new job.  It's actually something I really enjoy and can see myself putting in the care and attention that I've lacked in a workplace in a very very long time.  I have just been floating around with no direction, trying to make a buck bartending and freelancing at MAC but overall just miserable.  

It actually turns out that my dream job was right under my nose (well, my actual dream-dream job would be full time beauty blogging and creating videos on Youtube).  As you may already know, I've been a MAC artist off and on for over a decade.  I was permanent at one point but just stuck with freelance while I figured out what I wanted to do.  I just knew I didn't want to be permanent at MAC again.  Across from us is a department at Macy's called Impulse.  I always glanced over there with curiosity but stuck to my zone.  Finally one day, I walked over there to borrow some nail polish remover and was like, "HOLY shit!  You guys have Tarte, Smashbox, Too Faced, Anastasia, and Urban Decay over here?!"  These are the ones that I personally purchase and discuss in my makeup tutorials.  I wanted to work with these brands so bad.  I wanted to learn about them more so I applied for a full time position and guess what? I got it!
 I can still see my MAC buddies just over the horizon and say hi.  Even though I have been freelancing at this location for over a year off and on, I still feel like a complete newbie.  It's weird how the MAC counter felt like a separate entity and now that I'm at Impulse I communicate with all the other counters more (Clinique, Benefit, Estee Lauder).  There is definitely more of a connection to other makeup gals.  It doesn't hurt that I've now got health care and a 401k either.  
Let's talk perks!  I got a bit of a Welcome-to-the-team handful of gratis from our regional manager.  She just kept handing me things out of a box in the trunk of her car like, here take this, this, oh and this...my eyes were bugged out of my head like I was an addict being handed free crack.  In my head I was saying "gimme gimme gimme dat".  I can never have too much makeup.  
I have the mini Naked Basics palette so it was quite exciting to be handed the bigger better version of it.  It's an all matte palette too...bonus for aging eyelids.
One of my coworkers swears by these Buxom plumping liners.  She said the feel, the formula, and the look of these are her favorite thing to wear on her lips daily.  I haven't tried them yet but am excited to give em a go.
This is a very popular eyelid primer in the beauty blogging world.  Because Urban Decay is cruelty free, a lot of people chose this over the MAC primer Painterly or Soft Ochre (Nikki Tutorials has everyone addicted to soft Ochre).  I tried it for the first time a couple of days ago and really loved it.  I'm looking forward to doing a full face with an in depth eye blend to truly test its longevity.
I wore this "Crimson" red liquid lip by Urban Decay and it sold itself.  I was helping a really sweet Indian girl who was going to wear it for her Bharatanatyam performance.  The feel of the formula is superb with lasting power but doesn't dry the lips out.
This is an army green eyeshadow called "Chains" by Urban Decay.  Another I received but haven't tried but I have swatched the eyeshadow line and they are super powdery.
 I already had a deluxe sample of this primer and knew I liked it.  It has blurring technology that really helps diminish the appearance of pores.  This one is ideal for dry skin but there is a whole line of Urban Decay primers for all skin types and purposes including color correcting.
Not only did my boss give me a bunch of new things to play with, but the Representative of Smashbox also came in to deliver these kits.  My counter is known as one of the top sellers in the region and had won a contest.  I just happened to be on the team when they won.  
Yay team!
All of their mini palettes have these neat cases where the top is a holographic moving explosion of pigment.  I have a one on one meeting with Smashbox next week to train in the brand and learn more about it.  It feels like my own personal heaven already with this position.
These... (bites knuckles) OH M GGG.
They are like butter.
Soft, smooth, amazing. 
 Smashbox is known for its professional line of primers and photography friendly foundations. 
 I am very excited to get to know the brand a bit better.



The skincare that is prominent in my section is Philosophy.  The field rep for them is always around so it's nice to have an expert around to assist since I am not well versed in their products yet.  I've used Purity face cleanser and one of the masks but that's about the extent.  
There is a daily exfoliant on my "to-buy-when-I'm-not-broke" list and I intend on having it in my shower caddy at all times.  
I have had so much fun playing with different looks.  It's nice (no shade, MAC) to not have to be told what makeup look to wear or being forced to sport a foundation you hate just because it's the new launch.  I have the freedom to get creative and have loads of products and brands at my fingertips.  I also love that I work with a group of all ages, from 18 to 50 and beyond.  
Just women and their beauty obsessions to tether us all together.
This is a really exciting new adventure for me!  I can't wait to share what I am learning with you guys and on my Youtube channel.  This has opened up a whole new door for my beauty blogging so stay tuned and come buy makeup from me!  
I am even going to check with my boss but I believe you can order with me over the phone and I can ship anything you need to you.  Just message me for details.

Here's a mini tour of my job~
video

The views on my blogs and in my videos are mine and mine only.  
They are not represented or sponsored by Macy's/Bloomingdale's corporation or their affiliates.

Comments

  1. Fantastic! I'm so glad you are happy at your new gig, and have great benefits! When I get back from my vacation, I'll have to come see you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment