MAC Retro Matte Full Collection Swatched!

MAC sent me the entire collection because I am such a pronounced beauty blogger they said, "Send that talented girl the whole lot and fast!  We must know what she thinks of our new liquid lipsticks collection..."

Zzzzz....snort* What?  Oh was I daydreaming again?  
Well they didn't send me the entire collection but I did still get my hands on it!
I am working at a counter in North Seattle and had a chance to swipe a couple samples and by a couple I mean all of them.  I sampled one of each of the earthy tones not only so I can have them on when I show up to work but so I can make this video.  It really is a win win in my opinion.

These colors are SO beautiful and SO up my alley.  I am all about the neutral tones, browns, mauves, etc.  Or really any whacky color you typically don't see.  I love to slap on some blue lipstick and hit the grocery. LOL

I did mention in my "Naughty Nice Beauty Products" video that I did not like the formula of the Retro Matte "Dance With Me" liquid lipstick that I had.  You really can't build on them.  A thin layer is all you can do before it flakes and chips away, yickkk.  But these seem different!  I don't know if they changed it or it's just the pigmentation makes the formula different but all I know is, I don't have that problem thus far.  I do recommend using a lip primer or chapstick in the beginning of your makeup routine as all liquid lipsticks are drying.  So when you add the lipstick as the final step wipe away any extra moisture and then apply as normal.  I even prep my lips the night before by wearing a balm before bed if I know it's going to be a liquid lip kind of day, like for a Holiday Party, Wedding, or some kind of special occasion.


So here is the video I made, trying on each one so you can see what they look like, enjoy!

XOXO
Seanna Miriah



Comments