Sobriety


A sober bartender walks into a bar...to clock in

I have been wanting to talk about how I quit drinking a month ago for awhile now but kept feeling weird about it.  I wasn't sure how it would come across.  I didn't want to come across as "preachy" or that I am advocating everyone going sober.  I think alcohol can be fun if you know how to enjoy it responsibly.  I was taking it up a notch and for far too long.

I am documenting my journey.  I don't know how long it will go, if it's forever or for now but, I figure maybe others can relate and maybe take something away from this.

Last night I learned a friend of mine has passed away.  He struggled with his own sobriety and was always trying to self improve and stay positive.  I would like to dedicate this to him.  Our time together was brief but we had some great talks and I felt the love oozing from his soul.  He truly wanted to be good and I am sad he left so early in life.

So here is a video journal of my thoughts and progress in choosing to break up with booze.  If I seem to smile or laugh a bunch it's purely because I struggle with serious topics, it is not because I think sobriety is a joke.  Keep that in mind and happy to share my story.

All the Love to You
Seanna


Comments

  1. Okay, this was so very inspiring- felt like I was just sitting with you having a one-on-one-- very honest and real, and relate-able. Serious is ok, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to inspire! Can't go wrong if you are just being honest about something that so many struggle with!

      Delete

Post a Comment